Image Source: https://www.ksat.com/
A dog woke up the owner of a San Antonio home that caught fire early Saturday morning, allowing her to escape safely.
Firefighters responded to the structure fire at 2:30 a.m. in the 9100 block of Ranch Corner, according to San Antonio FD.
SAFD says the back of the home caught fire after the deck went up in flames and spread.
Officials say an elderly woman was asleep when her dog alerted her of the fire.
The woman says she saw a glow shining through the door when she opened the door and saw the back of her home on fire. The woman was able to get out safely on her own.
SAFD estimated $140,000 in damages.